BUNGA CANTIK PENCAK SILAT - USA
Rocky R. Twitchell
- I teach MMA, Pencak Silat, Western Boxing, Filipino Martial Arts, Garrison Fighting Knives and Hartsell Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do.I also teach Muay Thai under Daniel & Zina Docto of Muay Thai Missions located in Thailand.My Grandfather in martial arts is Dan Inosanto.I am the founder of Liahona Warrior Arts International.I'm also the Founder of Bunga Cantik Pencak SilatI also offer Personal Protection. My clients are / have been Chris Webber, Debra Harry, Kenny Loggins, Cyndi Lauper, Rudy Sarzo, Jonathon Richman, Tony Franklin,Blue Oyster Cult, Night Ranger, Seven Dust, Big & Rich, Aces Up, Kenny Wayne Shepard and Peter White !( I was a Roadie / Securty Guard for Blue Oyster Cult from 1992 to 2009)"DONT MISTAKE KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS"(RIP my Friend,Mentor and Instructor, Larry Hartsell)Served in the North Carolina Raliegh Mission 1987-1989Married in the Sacramento LDS temple.Former Captian in the Guardian Angels under Curtis Sliwa.Currently serve in the UC Davis Fire Department and I'm a Security Officer at Red Lion ,Sacramento CaliforniaGO SEATTLE SEAHAWKS !!!!! 12th Man Forever!GO DUKE BLUE DEVILS !!!!!!
Monday, October 28, 2013
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Monday, September 23, 2013
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Sunday, September 1, 2013
is not only preparing food and water...
its also about self defense!
Weapons of self defense are extremely important. Rifle and pistol training is extremely important but also fixed blades are a great backup !
Choose your weapons wisely..........
GARRISON FIGHTING KNIFE
COMBAT SELECTION with a Kydex sheath for carry
a great version of the GFK
This weapon is extremely dangerous. Learn to use it before handling and drawing !!!
Bug Out Bags are extremely important but also is proper care and learning how to carry the weight. Walking 5 miles if your not in shape with your bug out bag will do nothing but wear you out in an emergency. Learn to carry and handle your Bug Out Bag and learn about the rigors of hiking with your bug out bag! Take an occasional hike with your Bug Out Bag...make adjustments ,distribute the weight. Fix straps and pockets or zippers NOW, not when you are in the Emergency situation and trying to keep moving or defending your personal items ! In an emergency you should be able to carry your bug out bag without exhausting your body or having minor or major problems!
Building a good fire........
Do you know how to build a fire for cooking and heating ????
You would be surprised how many people cannot build a fire for boiling water, cooking and drying clothes..... clean water is the biggest and most important asset.
Proper eating habits, training and sleeping build a better PREPPED individual ! This needs to be ingrained in the family NOW not later !
(My personal travel kit)
Pistols, ammo ,Kerambit, Compass, Area Map, Kamagong, Rope, First Responder contains bag with basic medicine, bandages, etc.....
WHY DO WE TRAIN IN PREPPING and MARTIAL ARTS ???
Guru Dan say its best,
FOR LOVE OF FAMILY AND PRESERVING LIFE !!!
P.s. Back ups....when you are out of ammo and your defensible space has been penetrated !!!
You should have BACKUPS......
My Pencak Silat "Mini" Backup kit for traveling .......
short knife for carrying (inverted)-
When gun is jammed or out of ammo-------
(These items are for Close Quarter Combat)
Silat training is on of the best weapon based arts to learn the use of your weapon and also get you in great shape to handle the stress of an emergency and the rigors of combat. We train in boxing and Silat and Muay Thai for self defense and conditioning. We rely on rifle or pistol for outer distance ,then Close Quarter Combative we relay on the GFK, Kerambit Pocket stick !
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Here is an article written about my school in, Russia !
Enjoy...if you can read Russian !
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Wednesday Night Silat Class
BUNGA CANTIK PENCAK SILAT
Back Row starting from the left..... Jim, Will and Walt.
Front Row starting from the left, Chris, Katy, Rocky, Xong.
Tonight only had one Women Silat student but she learned a lot and has progressed greatly !
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Monday, July 29, 2013
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Monday, July 15, 2013
SENI BELADIRI MAGAZINE
My first article to appear in Seni Beladiri magazine,
"SILAT FOUND ME"
featuring my Instructor Dan Inosanto
Guro Dan Inosanto teaches a form of Silat that honors all his Silat Instructors.
MA - for Malaysia
PHIL- for Philippines
INDO- for Indonesia
Rita Suwanda & Guru Dan Inosanto
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
I have been writing for Seni Beladiri since November 2008
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10201359803658179" width="640" height="464" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Saturday, June 29, 2013
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
The Sierra Buttes Pencak Silat Camp 2013
in pictures and video !
in pictures and video !
CAMP FIRE , 1st night
This picture was taken at 7,000 feet
Even at 8,000 feet a lone flower displays its color !
7,000ft you can see the Look Out Tower.....
Tamerack Lake, 6,000 feet
My Dinner !!! (First night was Tri-Tip Steaks!)
At almost 8,000 feet !
Another view from the look out Tower , 8,000 feet
Butterflys at Tamerack Lake
At the top !!!
Sean Rodgers and Jimmy Rodgers arrived on the 2nd night !
FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE
BUNGA CANTIK PENCAK SILAT ARCHIVES
- ► June (9)
- ► July (7)
- ► August (4)
- "Prepping" is not only preparing food and water......
- THE RAID Now we must wait for: THE RAID 2in Thea...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL PRASETYA
- BUNGA KENANGAMalaysia
- NEVER FORGET 9-1-1
- REST IN PEACE PAUL de THOURAS Although I neve...
- Pendekar Paul de Thouars - Silat video ( Rest in P...
- Gamelan Sekar Jaya
- on 9/21/013 we trained with Dante and Alexia cehc...
- THE RAID 2 : 2014 release !!
- October 2013 issue of Seni Beladiri Magazine
- Pendekar Zadd